Monday, September 13, 2010

Healthy Living and Friends Along the Way

Three Days till my Intermediate Goal Date. I want to weigh in at 200lbs. or less on September 16. I have managed, executed and adjusted my plan as necessary and will not weigh myself until that day. After that, I set my sights on a weigh in of 175lbs. by December 31, and bring the new year in with a MILESTONE! This time, unlike all the previous weight loss programs, I will maintain all the healthy living habits I have acquired along the way, and never revert back to a life of obesity. With smart food choices and daily exercise, it can be done. With commitment and vision, you will realize improved health and vitality no matter when you start. I hope I can inspire one person to take the journey.

There is another ingredient that has supported my success along my Healthy Living journey. And that is the friendship and connections I have made on Twitter. It all started with keyword searches. My goal was to learn as much as I could from those who acquired top results from eating healthy and exercise. I first found the Green Smoothie Challenge. Like most people, it took me awhile to get past the "Greens" , but I was determined to change my life and was inspired by all those who believed in the value of Leafy Greens. After following the recipes for weeks, I allowed myself to experiment and my creativity flowed allowing me to come up with the most delicious drinks imaginable. After two weeks, I was hooked and rarely a day goes by that I don't have, at least, one Green Smoothie. Then @DrOz had a profound effect on the way I make choices in my daily life. I took his knowledge and teachings and incorporated much of it into my daily life. 

I am currently following hundreds of Healthy Living, Vegetarian, Vegan, and Exercise minded Tweeps. I have been inspired by each of their posts at some level. Following them daily keeps me motivated and focused. And sharing ideas and thoughts regularly integrates me into a community of like minded people of all ages and walks of life. If you are starting out on your Healthy Living Journey, I recommend you follow a few of my Tweeps who have meant allot to me along the way. From these and other great people I have connected with, I have acquired an array of incredibly delicious recipes, great exercise habits, positive focused mind and a renewed commitment to my health.  @hriacobacci, @healthyeveryday, @sleeplessinsimi, @ericasara, @Joel_Luks, @ForDGRedial, @SmoothieDrinker, @singerinkitchen, @icanhazcoffee, @14monthsto50. They are all on their own journeys and I marvel at their dedication. Thank you to all of you. 

3 comments:

  1. So glad I could be along for the ride! All the best on achieving your 9/16 goal, and the 12/31 goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the mention! It is definitely a long road but a steady one. Strive forward! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really means a lot that you mention me. You truly are an inspiration. Can't wait to hear the results on the 16th. I have a feeling you're going to hit that goal (or beat it). Thumbs up to you!

    ReplyDelete