Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

This was the day, I was waiting for. Not because it is my Birthday, but because it is the day I set, 10 months ago, to weigh in at 200lbs. I declared a victory when my digital scale read 200.8lbs. this morning. Even though I was short of my goal by a mere 12.8 ounces, my total weight loss was 58 pounds in the 10 months that I have been Vegetarian and serious about fitness. If I got a haircut, I probably would lose more than 12.8 oz., so I celebrate my achievement. I also updated my Real Age Test . If you haven't taken the test, its a thought provoking series of questions about the way you live your life and how your choices impact your overall health. The analyis of your answers are converted into a Biological Age. 10 monthis ago, my Biological Age was measured at 77.2 yrs compared to my calendar age of 57 yrs. Today, as a result of Re-Engineering my life my Biological Age tested at 57 yrs old, on my 58th Birthdayl!!! I AM GETTING YOUNGER!!! Not really, I am just getting healthier.

Although it hasn't been easy, ATTITUDE is everything. I continue to visualize how I want to feel and what I want to look like by December 31. I will continue keep contact with like-minded people who inspire me. I now have 25 more pounds to lose. Nourishing myself with whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables along with regular exercise has now become a way of life that has afforded me improved health, energy, confidence and vitality.

3 comments:

  1. hooray! congrats to you for taking and conquering such a feat! not everyone has the discipline and motivation to stick to a plan to become healthy. you did and I know you feel better for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I think I'm going to take the real age test...although not sure I will like the result.

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry this comment is a little late (Happy Be-lated Birthday!) but... WOOOOHOOO!
    Tony, I am so impressed with your consistent performance and dedication to your goals. You are an incredible inspiration!!! Congrats on getting younger and getting healthier!

    ReplyDelete