Thursday, September 8, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Haven't worked out with Free-weights since the accident due to the whiplash that affected my neck, mid-spine and right shoulder. I am really looking forward to a light workout today as I have been given medical clearance to restart my program. Ugh, my body feels like mush since I haven't worked out. If you are on a weight reduction plan, please don't underestimate the importance of some level of strength training. My body responded miraculously and the exchange of body fat for muscle mass is so worth it, as it will help you feel so healthy, strong and fit. Your calorie burn will also increase. Just 2 weeks off my program and I feel the difference, but I know that it will not take long to regain anything I lost.

My TMJ acted up after the accident and I had a difficult time chewing as the pain in my jaw was so bad, I couldn't even comfortably chew a banana. To compensate, I regained an interest in juicing. I blew the dust off my vintage Omega 1000 and began juicing again. Although I still drink Green Smoothies regularly, adding Protein Powder now and again, I am finding a place for juicing throughout the week. Carrots, Apples, Celery, Cucumbers, Spinach, and Lemon is what I am experimenting with now. I just like to mix it up some to keep learning the unending combinations of tasty foods.

Since I began following a plant based diet, my daily meals have never been boring and are so much more exciting than a hamburger and fries. Now really, how many ways can you serve a hamburger as opposed to the number of ways I can serve up Broccoli?

Be Well and Happy, Healthy Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment